Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Cultural Night of UNIM

There was a cultural night just now. It was actually a mixed celebration of the most famous Deeparaya. This year is the last time that Deeparaya occurring in Malaysia, until many years to come. I did not attend the event, as I am doing my work as usual. Just heard a lot of music, people singing, people laughing and cheering. Seemed like a very successful night for the organiser to me. After the event, I decided just to go out and have a look (weird, after the event?) and take some photos. Guess it was fun for those who attend, as there are smiles everywhere....
Candles were arranged on the stairs going up to the 1st floor, to show a feeling of Deepavali.

Group photo of people celebrating the event (partially).
The Indian painting that usually done with rice (I think).

No comments: