Saturday, July 07, 2007

Singapore Trip 07/07/07 - Day 7

07/07/07 is a good day, claimed by many people, as you can only see such date every 100 years. That is why many couples got married, especially in Singapore. This is my cousin sister's wedding day too. Another wedding which I had to attend after Ms.Koh's. Had to got up early in the morning, as the groom was going to reach at around 8 in the morning.

I pity my cousin sister, as it was her wedding where she should get enough rest, but ended up waking up at 5 in the morning for preparation. Went for breakfast across the street. Look at the eggs in the photo. That is the reason why I do not like to consume Chinese food in Singapore, cause the quality is not really good. The eggs were claimed to be half boiled eggs. Omg, I can even do better than that man. Lousy coffee shop. I usually eat only Western food or Fast Food in Singapore, no Chinese food for me.
My cousin sister, with her husband and her parents. Everyone is getting ready for the morning church wedding at The Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. At the wedding, everything went quite fine, except for one thing, the Priest. In my opinion, the priest was not so good when he is giving his own speech about love and marriage. He used words like Divorce and Die in his speech. Those are negative words which should not be used in a marriage ceremony. Why couldn't he say some better things or use better words?

After the church, headed back to the hotel for some afternoon sleep. In the evening, it was time to go to Esplanade Mall. The dinner was over there. Was stucked a traffic jam by taxi, as many of the roads were closed, as Singaporeans were having their Singapore National Day rehearsal, and it was a Saturday.
That is the rehearsal stage outside Esplanade. They blocked the area.
There were many people sitting at the road path seeing the rehearsal. People were standing along the bridge too to get a better look (the bridge is at the far back of the photo).
This is the restaurant - "My Humble House". Can a house be humble? I wonder.
The dinner is for a couple, named James and Jessie.
The wedding cake. Too bad there wasn't a couple toy on top of the cake, like the ones which Westerners usually have.
The table was decorated at such. Smart move, if not the table would be very plain. Wonder how many roses they have to use for so many tables.
I got a great seat - next to the window of a beautiful Singapore. This was the view I took of the wonderful view. It is so rare to have a wedding dinner with such a great scenery.
Fireworks lit up when the married couple walked into the restaurant. What a perfect timing. The fireworks were actually for the National Day rehearsal, but I guess luck was on my cousin sister's side.
The usual wine pouring ceremony. Sadly, this wedding only uses the words "Cheers". No intensity at all. The usual "Yam Seng" was not there.
The menu of the dishes which were served during the dinner. I took a photo of almost all the dishes, as I forgot to take photo of some.
Dish #1 - Spicy Crab Rolls with Jelly Fish, Chilled Drunken Chicken Gelo, "Ma La" Octupus, BBQ Roast Duck Slices and Spring Rolls in Thai Style.

Dish #2's was not taken by me. I forgot.
Dish #3 - Wok Fried Fragrant Butter Prawns.
Dish #4 - Braised Abalone Mushrooms with Spinach Tofu.
Dish #5 - Steamed "Hong Chao" in Superior Soy Sauce.
Dish #6 - Steamed Chicken with Yunnan Ham, on a Bed of Kailan.
Dish #7 - Stewed Hong Kong Ee Fu Noodles with Mushrooms and Chives.
This is actually not a dish, it is dry nice mix with hot water. It brings you this effect. They did this just before the desert was served, probably for some effect.

Dish #8 was not taken by me again. I forgot.
After the dinner, we headed back to the hotel. This was a shot of how Esplanade looks like. It is often being called as the Durian in Singapore. Don't think others, although the shape has a bit like it. Tiring...

No comments: